Overcoming Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence in Long-Term Care Webinar on March 18March 16, 2021
Please join the COVID-19 Vaccine Education and Equity Project’s upcoming webinar, Overcoming Barriers to COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Among Long-Term Care Employees, on Thursday, March 18 from 12:00-1:00pm ET. Given that staff members and residents in long-term care facilities are at increased risk for COVID-19–associated morbidity and mortality and prioritized for vaccination, this virtual webinar will focus discussion around overcoming barriers to COVID-19 vaccine confidence among those working in the long-term care setting – including skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and in-home care.
Register to join the discussion here.
- Dr. Radhika Gharpure, epidemiologist on CDC’s Vaccine Task Force and lead author, “Early COVID-19 First-Dose Vaccination Coverage Among Residents and Staff Members of Skilled Nursing Facilities Participating in the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program”
- Dr. Stephen Perez, nurse epidemiologist and clinical lead for CDC’s Vaccinate with Confidence team
- Dr. David Gifford, American Health Care Association’s Chief Medical Officer and Senior Vice President of Quality, Research, and Regulatory
- Rev. Dr. Derrick DeWitt, director, Maryland Baptist Aged Home and senior pastor, First Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Baltimore, Md.
- Dr. Krista Capehart, Clinical Associate Professor & Director of Wigner Institute for Advanced Pharmacy Practice, Education & Research at West Virginia University